One of my classes this quarter requires a creative element for our final, so I decided to do some found poetry. The book that I took the poems from is called So Long a Letter by Mariama Bâ. It was hard to do this project because I really liked the book and what I wanted to do ripped the book apart, literally, to appropriate her words and pages to create a new thing.
This is what my final poems looked like:
I have to say, despite ripping apart a book with my bare hands and the pain it caused me as an English major, this was a really fun project, and I really like the poems that I found within the text. I used stamps, glue, colored pencils, a razor, and of course, my secret talent of crocheting (I made the pink elephant head) for the final project.